Monday, July 16, 2012

The Ministry-Days of Summer

Many churches hold a Vacation Bible School during the summer.
Photo provided by Good Shepherd Wesleyan Church
Ah, summer. The time when Awana leaders and other church members become hyper busy with ministry (sometimes) above and beyond Awana. It's the season for church camps, like West Coast Honor Camp. It's the season for picnics (My home church's annual church picnic is in just a couple weeks). And it's the season for Vacation Bible School.

This week is Good Shepherd Wesleyan's VBS, and we spent all last week planning and preparing to welcome the kids to "Adventures on Promise Island." This year, I'm serving as the games director and as Hunter, Madie's geeky and annoying sister, in the nightly skit. Each night, Madie and Hunter are taught by island native Kamalie about God's promises: "I am with you," "I care about you," "I give you what you need," "I will save you," and "I will answer you."

Check back next Monday to find out how our Awana missionaries minister during the summer! What about you? How are you ministering to people this summer?

For more information about Awana Clubs International, visit the Awana Homepage
To find a club in your area visit the Club Locator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! If you have a question about Awana, feel free to email me at twofifteenbits@gmail.com.